Betfair Chase Betting
The Betfair Chase betting always kicks into gear during November each season, as the Haydock Park race draws near.
Run over 3m 1 1/2f, the Haydock Betfair Chase is a Grade One Chase that is billed as an early season guide to other big staying chasers like the King George VI Chase on Boxing day and the Cheltenham Gold Cup, run in March.
The Betfair Chase 2020 will be staged on Saturday 21st November.
Betfair Chase Odds
Many bookmakers will price up the Betfair Chase odds during November in their ante-post sections.
One the final Betfair Chase runners are announced (2 days before the race), you can expect to see then Befair Chase odds become more popular with horse racing punters.
Betfair Chase Runners
The Haydock Betfair Chase is a relatively new race – it’s only been staged 15 times.
However, the short Betfair Chase history there have been many returning Betfair Chase winners trying to defend their crowns.
In recent years some successful Betfair Chase runners – like Kauto Star, Silviniaco Conti, Cue Card and Bristol De Mai are all past Haydock Betfair Chase winners that have won the race more than once.
In fact, in the last 15 years the winner has been a past Betfair Chase winner of the race a massive seven times!
The 2019 Betfair Chase winner was the Colin Tizzard-trained Lostintranslation and with time on his side then he could easily have the Betfair Chase on his radar again in 2020.
The Betfair Chase 2019 runner-up and winner in 2017 and 2018 – Bristol De Mai – is another popular horse in this race and if running again in 2020 is sure to figure prominently in the Betfair Chase betting market.
Betfair Chase Tips
You can expect to see plenty of Betfair Chase tips in the build-up to the race. However, with a staggering 13 Betfair Chase winners between them in the last 15 renewals, then trainers Paul Nichols, Colin Tizzard and Nigel Twiston-Davies horses are always worth noting in the Betfair Chase betting market.
The Betfair Chase has also been a race that’s slightly favoured the younger horses – 12 of the last 15 Betfair Chase winners were aged 9 or younger.
Betfair Chase Betting Trends
The Haydock Betfair Chase has only been run fifteen times, but there are already some notably Betfair Chase trends building up.
We’ve already mentioned the excellent Betfair Chase record of trainers Paul Nichols, Colin Tizzard and Nigel Twiston-Davies. Other key Betfair Chase trends to note are that 12 of the last 15 Betfair Chase winners had raced in the last 4 weeks, plus were also placed in the top three in their last race.
You can see a list of all the past Betfair Chase winners below, plus some of the main Betfair Chase trends and stats. Once you know the final Betfair Chase runners, use these trends to help find the best profiles of past winners, which will also help when placing bets in the Betfair Chase betting markets.
Recent Betfair Chase Winners:
- 2019 – Lostintranslation (5/4 jfav)
- 2018 – Bristol De Mai (13/2)
- 2017 – Bristol De Mai (11/10 fav)
- 2016 – Cue Card (15/8 fav)
- 2015 – Cue Card (7/4)
- 2014 – Silviniaco Conti (10/3)
- 2013 – Cue Card (9/1)
- 2012 – Silviniaco Conti (7/4)
- 2011 – Kauto Star (6/1)
- 2010 – Imperial Commander (10/11 fav)
- 2009 – Kauto Star (4/6 fav)
- 2008 – Snoopy Loopy (33/1)
- 2007 – Kauto Star (4/5 fav)
- 2006 – Kauto Star (11/10 fav)
- 2005 – Kingscliff (8/1)
Key Betfair Chase Betting Trends:
- 15 Previous runnings
- 13/15 – Won over at least 3m (fences) previously
- 12/15 – Raced within the last 4 weeks
- 12/15 – Won by and Irish (3) or French (8) bred horse
- 12/15 – Placed in the top three in their last race
- 12/15 – Won a Grade One chase previously
- 11/15 – Raced at Haydock previously
- 10/15 – Officially rating of 168 or higher
- 10/15 – Favourites placed
- 8/15 – Aged 8 or older
- 8/15 – Winning distance – 2 ½ lengths or less
- 7/15 – Raced at Wetherby in the Charlie Hall last time out
- 7/15 – Won by a previous winner of the race
- 7/15 – Winning favourites
- 6/15 – Won their latest race
- 4/15 – Raced at Aintree last time out
- The average winning price in the last 15 runnings is 5/1
- The Paul Nicholls yard has won the prize in 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 & 2014
- The Nigel Twiston-Davies yard has won the prize in 2010, 2017 and 2018
- The Colin Tizzard yard has won the race in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2019
Betfair Chase Bookmakers
You’ll be able to find the Betfair Chase betting odds with most of the main bookmakers.
However, with leading betting exchange and sportsbook – Betfair – sponsoring the Betfair Chase then they might have Betfair Chase betting odds a lot sooner than others.
Betfair Chase History
The Betfair Chase history dates back to 2005, when the first running of this Grade One chase was introduced to the horse racing calendar.
The first ever Haydock Betfair Chase winner was a horse called Kingscliff, who was trained by Robert Alner.
Since then many leading names of the National Hunt game have been winners of the Betfair Chase, with Kauto Star the most successful horse in Betfair Chase history with four wins.
Trainer Paul Nicholls also has a great Betfair Chase Haydock history – having saddled the Betfair Chase winner six times. Colin Tizzard has trained four Betfair Chase winners, including three of the last five, while Nigel Twiston-Davies has been responsible for three Betfair Chase winners since 2010.