Betfair Horse Racing Betting
Betfair horse racing is a popular online betting service that offers members the chance to bet on the biggest and best races from the UK and Ireland as well as major international meetings. At Betfair, you can enjoy exciting horse racing markets as well as bonuses, promotions, live streaming and much more.
Betfair Horse Racing Offers
|Betfair Offers||Description||Betfair Horse Racing Offers|
|Betfair New Customer Offer||GET UP TO £100 IN FREE BETS*||Get Offer|
|Betfair Exchange||HORSE RACING FREE £20 EXCHANGE BET**||Get Offer|
|Betfair Each Way Edge Offer||Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets***||Get Offer|
|Live Stream||Watch Horse Racing Live||Watch Here|
*Key T&Cs: New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
**Key T&Cs:New customers only, max £20 cash refund. Bet must be placed in first 7 days of account opening. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
***Key T&Cs:New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
Betfair Special Racing Offers
Find special racing offers from Betfair:
- GET UP TO £100 IN FREE BETSNew customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
- BET £5 GET £20 IN FREE BETS A £10 Sportsbook free bet plus a £10 Exchange free betMin £5 bet on the SBK, min odds 1.5 (1/2). Rewards valid for 7 days. Free bets must be placed at min odds of 1.5 (1/2). Exchange free bet limited to certain markets. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply
- £10 RISK FREE FIRST BET Plus a £10 Exchange free betNew customers only. Min odds 1/5 (1.2). If you place a multiple at least one selection must meet the min odds requirement. Max £10 refund, max £10 Exchange Free Bet, valid for 7 days. Payment restrictions apply. Qualifying bet must be placed and settled within 30 days of account opening. T&Cs apply.
- GET UP TO £50 IN SPORTS FREE BETS Money back as a free bet if any of your first 5 eligible bets losePlace a single £10 Sportsbook bet and get money back as a free bet if it loses. There are x5 Free Bets available. Max refund per qualifying bet is £10. Only deposits made via Debit Card will be eligible for the promotion. T&Cs apply.
- Up to £100 in free betsNew customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
In this article, we review all the features Betfair has to offer for horse racing betting. We also take a look at the Betfair mobile app have to offer. Betfair offers a range of horse racing betting markets, great odds, and event-specific promotion as well as a handy FAQ section.Bet on Horse Racing at Betfair
*T&Cs New Customer Offer: New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.T&C apply.
Betfair Horse Racing Betting Markets
There are many ways to bet on horse racing at Betfair. You can go down the traditional route and pick the runner you expect to win the race or take the safety net that comes with each-way betting.
- Single – Pick a horse to win the race at the best price possible and if your runner does as expected, you’ll rake in a profit.
- Place – a runner to finish in the major places. This is usually the first three but depends on field size.
- Betting Without – a market that allows you to bet without the favourite. Your selection must win the race or finish second if the SP favourite wins.
- Matched Bets – a bet between two agreed horses. You are choosing which will end higher up the pecking order. This could be 1st and 2nd or 8th and 10th. As long as your pick finishes before the other in the matched bet.
An example of a matched bet might look like this:
- Market – Horse A @ 10/11 vs Horse B @ Evs
- Bet – Horse B to beat Horse A @ Evs
- Forecast – choose which horses will finish 1st and 2nd in that order
What are the most important horse racing betting events?
The horse racing schedule is a busy one. All year round major races and meetings take place across the world every week. At Betfair, you can bet the most important UK horse racing events on the day of the race or shoot for the value that exists in the ante-post markets.
Some of the most important UK horse racing events that you can bet on at Betfair include:
One of the most popular with UK and Irish racing fans is run at Cheltenham Racecourse every March. It has the highest UK prize money behind the Grand National. Cheltenham is run over the course of four days, Tuesday to Friday.
Another English treasure, the Grand National is a national hunt horse race that is loved all over the world. Some of the most famous runners and jockeys ever to have lived have won the Grand National over the years, plenty more have failed. This event boasts the biggest price money in UK horse racing.
A meeting that attracts high-ranking members of the British royal family, it’s a stunning event held at Ascot Racecourse in Berkshire in summer. The biggest and best of the sport attend, aiming to win a Group 1 race before the sell-out stands.
How to Bet on Horse Racing with Betfair
Horse racing betting at Betfair is quick, easy and hassle-free. You can place a bet on the desktop website, mobile site or through the modern and stylish mobile app. Placing your bets takes less than a minute and you can also watch races live through the streaming service.
Here’s how to bet on horse racing at Betfair step-by-step:
If you don’t already have an account with Betfair, simply click the ‘join now’ tab and fill in the details necessary. Create a username and password and you’ll be ready to bet.
- Click the horse racing tab located at the top of the homepage
- Access the link to the race you want to bet on
- Hover your cursor over the price or SP of the runner you intend to back and click
- It will then appear in your bet slip. Add your stake
- Click place bets to confirm and you are on. The funds will be taken from your balance
Sport Brand Bonuses and Special Promotions
Betfair is famous for their love of giving customers a little extra through promotions and Betfair horse racing offers.
Across their betting exchange and fixed odds brands, Betfair have all the bases covered for the big UK horse races. Bonuses range from new customer offers to event-specific promos. Deals including a welcome bonus for new players, enhanced odds and ‘back a winner get free bets’ are just some of the Betfair betting offers we hope to see as we head towards the horse racing festival season beginning in March with the Cheltenham.
Some of the ongoing deals at Betfair horse racing as a registered customer include money back promotions if your horse falls, and enhanced odds on favourites. There’s also extra places each-way, price boosts and cashback if your pick is beaten by a head or less.
Best* Features on Betfair for Horse Racing
Check out the top features you can find on Betfair’s website:
- Competitive prices
- Money back if your horse falls
- Recurring promotions and Betfair horse racing offers
- Extra places each-way
- Live streaming service
*according to the opinions of our writers.
Horse Racing Betfair Live Streaming Service
Betfair horse racing is one of the few online bookmakers to offer a live streaming service. The brand believes that if you have backed a horse. you should be able to cheer it on. Place your bets and visit the live streaming tab for an HD quality stream of the race at no extra cost.
Note: this service may not be available in all countries.
Betfair Horse Racing Betting FAQs
Below, you can find the relevant FAQs. Continue reading to learn more, you will likely find an answer you have been looking for.
Which types of tips are offered for this specific sport?
The betting.betfair.com blog offer in-depth and professional horse racing tips seven days a week.
What are some tips to enjoy betting on this sport and making successful bets?
Make full use the best price guaranteed promotion on every UK and Irish race. Do your research and stick to a staking plan.
How can you access the current odds from your phone through Betfair apps or website?
Choose the horse racing tab and click the race you want to bet on. If odds are available, you will see them listed in price order with an option to bet at the starting price (SP).
Betfair Horse racing
- horse racing offers for new customers
- horse racing offers for existing customers
- Live Streaming
Having been around for almost 20 years, offering an exchange, a sportsbook and collaborating with Paddy Power, Betfair are one of the strongest companies in the business and one of the safest to bet with. Betfair offer a range horse racing related promotions. Customers can expect a variety of sport welcome bonuses depending on how they like to bet. Betfair covers the most important horse racing events and offers special promotions in the weeks leading up to the different races.