Betfair Horse Racing Betting
Betfair horse racing is a popular online betting service that offers members the chance to bet on the biggest and best races from Australia as well as major international meetings. At Betfair, you can enjoy exciting horse racing markets as well as live streaming and much more.
In this article, we review all the features Betfair has to offer for horse racing betting. We also take a look at the Betfair mobile app. Betfair offers a range of horse racing betting markets, great odds, and a handy FAQ section.
Betfair Horse Racing Betting Markets
There are many ways to bet on horse racing at Betfair. You can go down the traditional route and pick the runner you expect to win the race or take the safety net that comes with each-way betting.
- Single – Pick a horse to win the race at the best price possible and if your runner does as expected, you’ll rake in a profit.
- Place – a runner to finish in the major places. This is usually the first three but depends on field size.
- Betting Without – a market that allows you to bet without the favourite. Your selection must win the race or finish second if the SP favourite wins.
- Matched Bets – a bet between two agreed horses. You are choosing which will end higher up the pecking order. This could be 1st and 2nd or 8th and 10th. As long as your pick finishes before the other in the matched bet.
An example of a matched bet might look like this:
- Market – Horse A @ 10/11 vs Horse B @ Evs
- Bet – Horse B to beat Horse A @ Evs
- Forecast – choose which horses will finish 1st and 2nd in that order
What are the most important horse racing betting events?
The horse racing schedule is a busy one. All year round major races and meetings take place across the world every week. At Betfair, you can bet the most important horse racing events on the day of the race or shoot for the value that exists in the ante-post markets.
Some of the most important horse racing events that you can bet on at Betfair include:
One of the most popular with UK and Irish racing fans is run at Cheltenham Racecourse every March. It has the highest UK prize money behind the Grand National. Cheltenham is run over the course of four days, Tuesday to Friday.
Another English treasure, the Grand National is a national hunt horse race that is loved all over the world. Some of the most famous runners and jockeys ever to have lived have won the Grand National over the years, plenty more have failed. This event boasts the biggest price money in UK horse racing.
A meeting that attracts high-ranking members of the British royal family, it’s a stunning event held at Ascot Racecourse in Berkshire in the summer. The biggest and best of the sport attend, aiming to win a Group 1 race before the sell-out stands.
How to Bet on Horse Racing with Betfair
Horse racing betting at Betfair is quick, easy and hassle-free. You can place a bet on the desktop website, mobile site or through the modern and stylish mobile app. Placing your bets takes less than a minute and you can also watch races live through the streaming service.
Here’s how to bet on horse racing at Betfair step-by-step:
If you don’t already have an account with Betfair, simply click the ‘join now’ tab and fill in the details necessary. Create a username and password and you’ll be ready to bet.
- Click the horse racing tab located at the top of the homepage
- Access the link to the race you want to bet on
- Hover your cursor over the price or SP of the runner you intend to back and click
- It will then appear in your bet slip. Add your stake
- Click place bets to confirm and you are on. The funds will be taken from your balance
Best* Features on Betfair for Horse Racing
Check out the top features you can find on Betfair’s website:
- Competitive prices
- Money back if your horse falls
- Extra places each-way
- Live streaming service
*according to the opinions of our writers.
Horse Racing Betfair Live Streaming Service
Betfair horse racing is one of the few online bookmakers to offer a live streaming service. The brand believes that if you have backed a horse. you should be able to cheer it on. Place your bets and visit the live streaming tab for an HD quality stream of the race at no extra cost.
Note: this service may not be available in all countries.
Betfair Horse Racing Betting FAQs
Below, you can find the relevant FAQs. Continue reading to learn more, you will likely find an answer you have been looking for.
Which types of tips are offered for this specific sport?
The betting.betfair.com blog offers in-depth and professional horse racing tips seven days a week.
What are some tips to enjoy betting on this sport and making successful bets?
Do your research and stick to a staking plan.
How can you access the current odds from your phone through the Betfair app or website?
Choose the horse racing tab and click the race you want to bet on. If odds are available, you will see them listed in price order with an option to bet at the starting price (SP).