Betvictor Gold Cup Betting
The Betvictor Gold Cup betting is one of the key features at the Cheltenham November Meeting each jumps season. The BetVictor Gold Cup is run over a trip of 2m 4 1/2f and is a handicap chase race that is for horses aged 4 or older.
The three-day Open Meeting is staged in the middle of November each year and one of the early-season highlights on the National Hunt (jumps racing) calendar.
The 2020 Open Meeting will be staged between Friday 13th and Sunday 15th November, and will provide horse racing fans with some easy season clues ahead of the Cheltenham Festival that is run every March.
Betvictor Gold Cup Odds
There are many key races at the 3-day Cheltenham Open Meeting, but the BetVictor Gold Cup betting market is one of the most popular.
Run on the Saturday (middle day) of the meeting, the BetVictor Gold Cup betting odds are often on show with most of the leading bookmakers a few months before the race.
Once the final Cheltenham BetVictor Gold Cup runners are announced (2 days before), you can expect to see a lot more BetVictor Gold Cup betting activity from both horse racing punters and bookmakers.
Betvictor Gold Cup Runners
We often see BetVictor Gold Cup runners and winners returning year-after-year to run in the race, which allows horse racing fans the chance to build-up solid relationships with some horses.
In 2019 we saw the Kerry Lee-trained Happy Diva win the BetVictor Gold Cup, while the horse also ran in the 2018 renewal (brought down).
The Pipe stable have been responsible for a lot of BetVictor Gold Cup winners in recent times – Martin Pipe has saddled 8 Cheltenham BetVictor Gold Cup winners, while son David has been responsible for one winner since taking over the reigns at the Pond House yard.
It’s also worth noting any BetVictor Gold Cup runners from the Nigel Twiston-Davies yard as they’ve won the prize three times since 2008.
Betvictor Gold Cup Tips
The are many BetVictor Gold Cup tips to look out for in the build-up to the race that will also influence the BetVictor Gold Cup betting markets.
One significant BetVictor Gold Cup tip to note is that the last double-figure aged winners was in 1975, while we’ve only seen one Irish-trained BetVictor Gold Cup winner in the last 18 runnings.
Betvictor Gold Cup Betting Trends
There are also many BetVictor Gold Cup betting trends to take into the race that will also help when betting on the betting on the Betvictor Gold Cup.
For example, 17 of the last 18 BetVictor Gold Cup winners had won over at least 2m4f (fences) and came from a UK-based stable, while 14 of the last 18 BetVictor Gold Cup winners returned 14/1 or shorter in BetVictor Gold Cup betting market.
See below the recent BetVictor Gold Cup winners and the key BetVictor Gold Cup trends to apply to the final runners.
Recent BetVictor Gold Cup Winners:
- 2019 – Happy Diva (14/1)
- 2018 – Baron Alco (8/1)
- 2017 – Splash Of Ginge (25/1)
- 2016 – Taquin Du Seuill (8/1)
- 2015 – Annacotty (12/1)
- 2014 – Caid Du Berlais (10/1)
- 2013 – Johns Spirit (7/1)
- 2012 – Al Ferof (8/1)
- 2011 – Great Endeavour (8/1)
- 2010 – Little Josh (20/1)
- 2009 – Tranquil Sea (11/2 fav)
- 2008 – Imperial Commander (13/2)
- 2007 – L’Antartique (13/2)
- 2006 – Exotic Dancer (16/1)
- 2005 – Our Vic (9/2 fav)
- 2004 – Celestial Gold (12/1)
- 2003 – Fondmort (3/1 fav)
- 2002 – Cyfor Malta (16/1)
BetVictor Gold Cup Betting Trends:
- 18/18 – Had run at Cheltenham before
- 17/18 – Had won over at least 2m4f over fences before
- 17/18 – Won by a UK-based trainer
- 14/18 – Returned 14/1 or shorter in the betting
- 12/18 – Had won at Cheltenham before
- 12/18 – Aged 6 or 7 years-old
- 12/18 – Had won just 2 or 3 times over fences before
- 12/18 – Finished in the top 4 last time out
- 11/18 – Trained by Pipe (3), Jonjo O’Neill (3), Nicholls (2) or Twiston-Davies (3)
- 11/18 – Carried 10-13 or less (But 4 of the last 7 carried 10-13 or more)
- 9/18 – Won by a horse in the first 3 in the betting
- 9/18 – Aged 7 years-old
- 8/18 – Won this on their seasonal reappearance
- 8/18 – Placed favourites
- 5/18 – Won their last race
- 4/18 – Trained by the Pipe stable
- 4/18 – Ran at Cheltenham last time out
- 3/18 – Winning favourites
- 3/18 – Trained by Nigel Twiston-Davies
- 3/18 – Trained by Jonjo O’Neill
- 3/18 – Ran at Carlisle last time out
- 2/18 – Ridden by Sam Twiston-Davies
- 1/18 – Irish-trained winners
- The last winner aged in double-figures was in 1975
- Paul Nicholls has saddled 10 placed horses (two winners, Al Ferof & Caid Du Berlais) from his last 39 runners
- The average winning SP in the last 18 years is 10/1
Betvictor Gold Cup Bookmakers
Once the final BetVictor Gold Cup runners are declared (2 days before) most of the leading bookmakers will starting to attract customers with offers. Enhanced odds and place terms are things to look for, while some bookmakers may also offer faller refunds.
With BetVictor the sponsor of the race then they are always a good place to start when looking for any BetVictor Gold Cup betting offers.
Betvictor Gold Cup History
The BetVictor Gold Cup was first run in 1960 and won by a horse called Fortria.
Since then no horse have ever won the Cheltenham BetVictor Gold Cup more than twice. Bradbury Star (1993 and 1994) and Cyfor Malta (1998 and 2002) are the most recent double winners of the BetVictor Gold Cup.
Trainer Martin Pipe holds the record for the most BetVictor Cup wins with 8 successes in the race, while jockey AP McCoy has four wins in the race.
You can often see BetVictor Gold Cup runners and winners being targeted at the Caspian Caviar Gold Cup, which is run the following month – also at Cheltenham racecourse.